major international Construction company with Global offices contacted DeSouza Associates to assist with the logistic management of its International Awards Event, to be held in Lisbon. We had previously assisted this client with venue finding requests.
A 2-day stay in Lisbon, based around an Awards Ceremony and Dinner held on one of the evenings. The venue had already been sourced for this event and the Awards Dinner was planned but it was our responsibility to manage the logistics around the event such as Flights, Transfers, UK Airport Accommodation and an off-site Dinner on the other evening.
- Manage database of guests, collecting personal and contact details including dietary requirements and preferences for the event- eg. number of nights stay, attendance on trips, airport preferences.
- Research and book all flights from different provincial airports.
- Research and book all airport parking.
- Research and book airport accommodation night prior (if required).
- Arrange transfers to and from Lisbon Airport.
- Research and book a restaurant nearby to the hotel venues for one of the nights.
- We communicated with the guests through both email and telephone to gather all required information and discuss their preferences regarding airport preference, suitable flight dates and times, whether car parking and a hotel stay were required.
- We used an online booking system to individually research and book the best flight options for each guest taking all of their needs in to consideration whilst looking at the most cost effective options for the company.
- We used our venue database to find nearby Airport Hotels and collected rates for those who required accommodation night prior, I chose the options that best fit and confirmed these reservations.
- We used online booking systems to pre-book Airport Car Parking for those who required it, using their details from the database such as contact name, number, address and registration plate to confirm.
- We kept guests up to date throughout all processes and forwarded them any documentation they required.
- We worked with a recommended supplier with very competitive rates to organise transfers to and from the Airport for each guests at a time that worked with their flight.
- We worked with a Destination Management Company to source suitable venue options for the restaurant dinner and I put together a proposal with venue details, prices, menus etc for my client to choose from.
On one of the event days we were faced with the challenges of a flight strike, we managed to successfully rearrange flights and transfers for those whose journey was affected by this which meant that they didn’t miss out on any of the proceedings. The event was a great success, everything flowed smoothly. The client was left very happy with the organisation of all the above elements and we received some very positive feedback from them