So you’ve just been asked to organise a corporate event. That means considering everything from catering to equipment to accommodation…the pressure is on. How are you going to manage all of the tasks involved? How are you going to find a venue that fits the brief? Where do you start?That’s where we can help. DeSouza Associates are experts at venue finding; we can help you to find a venue for your corporate event that suits all your requirements. We have comprised a list of factors to help you manage your event with ease. Location The first and foremost decision of all events is where to hold them. The chances are you are going to want somewhere that is easily accessible so delegates are keen to attend:
- Access by Public Transport- is the venue close to public transport links so delegates have the option to travel by Bus or Train?
- Access by Car- is the venue easily accessible from the road? Does it offer parking on site or locally at a reasonable price?
- Accommodation- is this required? If so, does the venue have bedrooms or does anywhere locally offer suitable accommodation?
- Room Hire/DDR? Events with small numbers or for few hours will work on a Room Hire while events with larger numbers running for a full day will often be quoted a DDR package which includes Catering, AV Equipment and Room Hire, this often helps keep costs down.
- Catering? AV Equipment? If you’re not on a DDR rate these will be expenses you have to consider on top of the room hire.
- Accommodation – Do any of the guests require an overnight stay ?
- What seating arrangements are suitable for the number in your group? Cabaret/Boardroom/Theatre?
- Do you need space for presentations? AV equipment can take up room.
- Do you need space for networking or breakouts within the room? Can delegates move around freely
- Refreshments- if you are looking to hold a full day meeting base timings on a normal day in the office…how often do you have a Tea or Coffee? On arrival, mid-morning and mid-afternoon maybe? That’s 3 servings per delegate, maybe you should check if the venue offers an unlimited servings option?
- Lunch- is this required? What type of lunch would you want to offer – a working lunch for speed or more of a Restaurant lunch so that delegates can have a break from the conference and network?