Why not consider Edinburgh for your next corporate event?
Steeped in history, Edinburgh, seamlessly blends old and new, providing delegates with the perfect accessible destination to experience the sights, sounds and tastes of a diverse and vibrant city.
From the historic Royal Mile, Edinburgh Castle and Palace of Holyrood House (the Queen’s official residence in Scotland) to the bustling Festivals, city attractions, boutique shops and restaurants located throughout the city and beyond. Edinburgh truly has something to offer for a corporate event,
The city is renowned for inspiration and innovation. For centuries it has nurtured some of the greatest minds in medicine (Edinburgh is a great draw for medical events) philosophy, economics, finance, literature, law, engineering and architecture.
Edinburgh is easily accessible, the international airport serves over 120 destinations worldwide. Rail links run all over the UK, with more than 20 daily trains running between Edinburgh and London taking just over four hours. Edinburgh is also easily accessible by car from Scotland’s motorway network.
Transport in the city itself is simple: buses, trams and taxis are in plentiful supply. Once in the city centre the majority of attractions, hotels and venues can be reached on foot in under 15 minutes.
There are more than 20,000 beds in and around the city catering for all tastes and budgets. Ranging from international hotels, boutique properties, stylish serviced apartments to the trendy budget brands and modern university campuses.
There is a varied choice of meeting venues ranging from traditional to modern including conference centres, academic venues, hotels .For those meetings that are looking for something different or for a Gala Dinner there are museums, underground caves and even a Royal Yacht!
Some interesting facts about Edinburgh that you may or may not know
- Is a UNESCO World Heritage Site encompassing the largest concentration of listed buildings in the UK
- For the last eight years the city has retained its ranking as the most popular UK destination, outside London, for hosting UK and International Association Meetings (ICCA)
- Is a world influencer in science, business, education, medicine and the arts
- It was in Edinburgh that chloroform was first used as an anaesthetic.
- Dolly the sheep was cloned at the University’s Roslin Institute.
- The first ‘bionic’ hand was developed by a spin out company from the City’s Princess Margaret Rose Hospital
- Is the political and economic heart of Scotland
- Has been voted the UK’s Top City (Guardian Travel Awards) for 13 consecutive years and the UK’s second favourite city (Condé Nast Travel Awards 2015), welcoming over 4.5 million visitors per year
- Has a robust and fast-growing creative sector. Particular strengths include advertising, architecture, software development and publishing
- Rainfall is well below the Scottish average and has less annually than Rome, Frankfurt and New York!
- Has more Michelin star restaurants than any other city outside London and more restaurants per head than anywhere else in the UK
- Hosts the world’s largest annual arts festival, welcoming visitors and performers from all four corners of the globe
DeSouza Associates can help you find that perfect venue and remember our venue finding service is free! Call us on 01252 722185 or email to email@example.com – we look forward to working with you!