We recently had a visit from Alessia from the 5 star Rocco Forte hotel collection; she gave us an update on their properties. Rocco Forte is a family run hotel group who have been in hospitality for four generations. Each hotel is individual because each location is unique. They’re colourful, characterful buildings with interiors that resonate with the local culture.
Here is an overview of some of their properties…..
Brown’s Hotel, London- London’s first hotel, it opened back in 1837 and has since hosted Royals, Presidents and World Famous Authors.
- Bedrooms: 115 including 30 suites
- Meeting Space: 6. Largest- Clarendon Room: Banquet-70/ Classroom- 30.
- Restaurant, Bar, Tea Room and Spa with a 24hr gym.
The Balmoral, Edinburgh- Edinburgh’s most prestigious address- NO1 Princes Street, this landmark is in the centre of the city, the historic buildings grand clock dominates the skyline. It began as a grand railway hotel and the kilted doormen today follow its tradition.
- Bedrooms: 188 including 20 suites
- Meeting Space: 10. Largest- Sir Walter Scott Suite: Banquet- 320/ Classroom- 150.
- 2 Bars, 3 Restaurants (one is Michelin-starred) and Spa with pool and gym.
Hotel Savoy, Florence- Historical architecture and elegant style mean that this property attunes you to the culture of the city offering Tuscan cooking, fine wines and Italian design.
- Bedrooms: 102 including 14 suites
- Meeting Space: 2. Largest- Sala Umberto: Banquet- 42/ Classroom- 30.
- Restaurant Bar with terrace and Gym with views of the Duomo.
Hotel de Russie, Rome- Mix of old and new combining modern design with this classic building. Located near to the Spanish steps and with views over the Piazza del Popolo, this property has hosted world travellers and renowned artists.
- Bedrooms: 121 including 33 suites
- Meeting Space: 4. Sala Torlonia: Banquet- 84/ Classroom-60
- Restaurant and Bar, Secret Garden- Private Dining and Spa
Hotel Amigo, Brussels- Set among the cobbled streets and around the corner from Grand Place, this hotel is close to the stylish and central financial district
- Bedrooms: 173 including 19 suites.
- Meeting Space: 5. Largest- Ambassadeur Ballroom: Banquet-120/ Classroom-100.
- Restaurant with Terrace and Bar.
Hotel de Rome, Berlin- Once the headquarters of Dresdner Bank, the swimming pool us located in a former jewel vault and the Grand Ballroom is the original Cashiers Hal!. Situated in the heart of the city it’s in easy reach of key attractions.
- Bedrooms: 145 including 37 suites.
- Meeting Space: 5. Largest- Palm Court Ballroom: Banquet-140/ Classroom-120.
- Restaurant and Bar, The Roof Terrace (seasonal bar) and Spa, indoor pool and gym.
Villa Kennedy, Frankfurt- This property was once a grand family home. Built in 1901, it was renamed in honour of President John F Kennedy’s visit in 1963.
- Bedrooms: 163 including 36 suites.
- Meeting Space: 8. Largest- Ballroom: Banquet-200/ Classroom-140.
- Restaurant, Bar and Villa Garden for outdoor events. 1000sqm spa with pool and gym.
Charles Hotel, Munich- Built on the site of a former university library, this is one of Munich’s most distinctive buildings. It was named in honour of Sir Rocco Forte’s father, renowned hotelier Charles Forte.
- Bedrooms: 160 including 24 suites.
- Meeting Space: 7. Largest- Ballroom: Banquet-180/ Classroom-120.
- Restaurant and Bar with terrace. Charles Spa with pool, treatment rooms and gym.