Manchester offers easy access for both national and international delegates and offers a great range of venues that can accommodate events from the smallest to the largest events.
Here are our five reasons why you should book a venue in Manchester for your next event:
Location, Location Location
Manchester is well-connected and is centrally located in the UK, making it easily accessible for attendees travelling from different parts of the country. It also has excellent transportation links, including a major international airport and a well-developed rail network
WHAT DOES MANCHESTER HAVE TO OFFER?
Manchester is well-connected and is centrally located in the UK, making it easily accessible for attendees travelling from different parts of the country. It also has excellent transportation links, including a major international airport and a well-developed rail network.
Manchester offers a diverse range of venues to choose from, including hotels, event spaces, sports stadiums, theatres, and much more. This variety ensures that we can find a venue that matches the style, size and budget of your event.
Manchester boasts a mix of modern architecture and historic buildings providing a unique twist to your event. From industrial heritage sites to modern event spaces, there’s a wide range of options for you to choose from that can meet your requirements.
The city is suitable for both the larger events such as conventions and exhibitions as well as the smaller meetings. The Manchester Central Convention Complex is a prime example, offering versatile space and modern amenities for those larger events.
Manchester has undergone significant regeneration in recent years, resulting in modern infrastructure and facilities that can only enhance your delegate’s experience.
Manchester generally offers more affordable options for accommodations, venues, and services, making it an attractive choice for budget-conscious event organisers.
KEY VENUES IN MANCHESTER
Kimpton Clocktower Hotel
With its namesake clocktower and grand Victorian facade, the Kimpton Clocktower Hotel is an impressive sight. This former Refuge Assurance building been updated with state-of-the-art technology whilst keeping its historical charm is located in the centre of Manchester
A historical building with great meeting facilities
- The Kimpton brand is known for its personalised and unique approach to hospitality. They offer little touches that make your stay memorable, such as nightly hosted evening social hour in the Post Room from 6 pm to 7 pm, tuck box and they are pet friendly!
- Centrally located
- The Hotel is a Grade II listed building which opened in 1890 as the Refuge Assurance Company headquarters. It still retains many of its historical features.
- The Ballroom here boasts to be the largest in the North West – 1000 people theatre style or 700 for a dinner dance.
- The Hotel offers 17 meeting rooms with capacities ranging from 4 to 1000 delegates
The Treehouse Hotel Manchester – not your typical Hotel
Treehouse Hotels was founded on the ideas that inspired a child to build a treehouse. Adventure, independence, cosy spaces and repurposing crafty things which aim to offer a playful and nostalgic experience for its guests, A home away from home!
The new kid on the block – scheduled to open in 2024
Ideal for press launches, parties and meetings – why not mix work and play and have some fun!
- Book the Hideout located on the 15th floor – perfect for standing receptions
- Want to go ‘Hollywood’ for your next event? – Treehouse Manchester will have its own screening room for up to 45 people.
- 224 tech-ready rooms and suites with panoramic windows, including a 100m2 Treetop Suite on the 11th floor
- The Hotel will have its very own ‘Nest’ in the Treehouse – a fabulous destination rooftop bar with views of the City.
- An ideal venue for those ‘Instagrammable’ events.
- If you want to inject a fun element into your business event, then this is the place to book whilst not compromising on great service and fantastic facilities. It will be worth the wait!
National Football Museum
Based in one of Manchester’s unique venues, Urbis, the National Football Museum is ideal for a range of events and is centrally located next to Victoria Station
The world’s biggest and best football museum, telling the stories of our National game. This really is a unique venue!
- As a registered charity, all proceeds from the venue hire go directly to their Football Creates programme. This programme aims to engage people and communities in creativity, championing inclusion and improving wellbeing by using the power of football.
- The Museum can also offer experiences such as tours, handling sessions and curator talks tailored specifically to your audience.
- Guests can delve into the social history and culture of football after museum opening hours by having access to the galleries, which are great for pre-dinner drinks and receptions. Guests can test their footballing skills, from penalty kicks to clever tricks in the Play Gallery.
- The Box Gallery is a self-contained hire space that is separate from the rest of the museum located on the top two floors of the museum. Split across two floors, with a connecting staircase, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views across the city skyline both day and night.
- The Pitch Gallery is ideal for dinners of up to 250 people. The arrival point for daytime visitors can be turned into an events space once the museum has closed.
- The Dug Out – ideal for networking with the added bonus of outside space in the warmer months.
Victoria Warehouse with its exposed walls, stone floors and raw urban feel provides a unique setting for any event. You really couldn’t find a more unusual and atmospheric venue – a blank canvas ready to be transformed
Built in the early 1900’s as a predominantly cotton storage facility, the event spaces have been lovingly restored to reveal a distinct backdrop complementing the traditional and contemporary vibe.
- The event spaces range from the largest, accommodating over 1500 people theatre style to the smallest space, the quirky, restored Mancunian cinema seating 20!
- The Cotton Shed is the largest space and is the most dramatic – ideal for dinners up to 900 or theatre style presentations for 1650 people.
- The Tobacco Stores – a recently developed dual event space offering views of Manchester landmarks. This space is ideal for receptions for 1000 people, dinner for 500 or a theatre style presentation for 500
- The Bays is made up of two adjoining areas totalling over 700 sqm. It has its own separate entrance with a large feature bar. Ideal for dinners up to 190.
- The Skyhook, a bright and airy space, is named after the Trafford Park chain sculpture. Ideal for informal team meetings or a breakout area for the larger events taking place in the Bar. At night, the clever lighting pitched against the backdrop of the Manchester skyline makes it ideal for Drinks Receptions. Max 70 theatre style.
- The Cinema has been restored with seating salvaged from an old theatre on the outskirts of Manchester and offers a quirky space for smaller meetings or presentations.
WHAT ELSE CAN DESOUZA ASSOCIATES DO FOR YOU?
Event Management & Planning
DeSouza Associates are professional event organisers with lots of experience in all aspects of managing and planning events, providing key impartial advice on venues, food and entertainment etc! You can find more information about how we can help you with event management and planning here.
Team building is a vital aspect of successful organisations and we along with our suppliers can help create inspirational team building exercises. Whether you’re looking for in-person or virtual team building, we can facilitate what you are looking for. Here are a few of our team-building ideas.
Virtual and Hybrid Events
We’ve all lived through unprecedented times recently when it wasn’t possible to meet up in person and everything went online. With that in mind, we are capable of providing you with extremely engaging events through our virtual events.
Alternatively, you may be looking to organise a hybrid event, a physical event but also live streamed to online delegates who can participate remotely. This can be complex and confusing. Together with our partners, we will help you simplify the process and work with you to pull off a fab event!
If you would like to learn more about all of the services we offer and how we can help you with your event needs, then please head over to our services page.