Medical Events – specialists in national and international medical meetings
We have over 23 years’ experience organising comprehensive small and large scale medical events and conferences, from specialist advisory board meetings, to large residential conferences.
Our services include:
- Full medical event and conference organisation & management
- Venue Sourcing and rate negotiation
- Budgetary planning
- Delegate & Speaker liaison
- Management of abstracts including producing a programme and abstract book
Our Medical Experience:
Prior to setting up DeSouza Associates Lida worked in the pharmaceutical industry for GSK and, in her penultimate role, she was actively involved in organising meetings and events, working closely with marketing and clinical teams to fulfil agreed plans, pre and post launch of various drugs.
Lida DeSouza has acted as Secretariat to the Antiviral Group of The International Society for Influenza and Other Respiratory Virus Diseases (ISIRV) for over 7 years. The ISIRV-Antiviral Group was formerly known as NISN and we have worked with NISN since 1998.
Under the ISIRV-AVG umbrella, DeSouza Associates has been involved in organising six international medical conferences: Brazil in 2011, Vietnam in 2012, Japan in 2014, USA (Texas) in 2015, Shanghai, China in 2017 and most recently in November 2018, Washington DC, USA.
DeSouza Associates have also been involved in Influenza 2018: Centenary of the 1918 Pandemic, Francis Crick Institute, London which was held in June 2018. DeSouza Associates were the Professional Conference Organisers for these medical conferences from concept to conclusion. We have been involved in all the expected client, delegate and speaker liaison responsibilities, management of abstracts submitted for oral and poster presentation and producing a Programme & Abstract Book, which also entailed collating speaker bios, photos and abstracts and creating an author index.
We have also managed ISIRV/GISAID/WHO Workshops in Cape Town, Paris, Hong Kong & Chicago. We were involved in all the co-ordination work for these Workshops.
We have had some great feedback….
- Thanks for all your help and your dependable efficient handling of the event which always makes for such a pleasurable experience.
- Let me say a very big ‘thank you’ for your help, I can only imagine how much work it takes to organise the meetings and how much it takes to keep them running smoothly.
- You have managed to make each ISIRV conference a very special one to us.
- Thank you for a great experience at the conference in Austin. I have thoroughly enjoyed attending the meeting, you and your team have made us feel very comfortable at the meeting.
- I enjoyed the conference. You did an excellent job
- Washington, November 2018 – Lida, I believe you may be the hardest woman working I have ever seen! You are really amazing and I am very glad we got the chance to meet! If we are ever hosting a meeting and need assistance I am going to get in touch with you for sure!!